Followers

Tuesday, March 26, 2013


  Examinations




It was a year left and then a month for the ultimate test Boards for all the twelthies. Though there are very precise devices to measure time but still flow of time is never felt the way it moves.


February the slight fever could be felt. Everyone seen with books and saying “aab to padhna padega yaar bas ek mahina hii reh gayee hee”. The same line gives you motivation and dread both. Teachers always expect students to be prepared before a month of boards but it’s just the opposite. It’s when the preparation starts.

In no time just a week left and self-study time starts. An alarm was set for March 1st. We felt, it is English we can do it in a day or two. The next day I woke up and felt the effect of yesterday’s snack at the restaurant. My Stomach going wild after every few minutes. You are always advised not to have eateries from outside but who cares. Never happened so what would today make a difference. But it does.

With running stomach and knocking head one can do nothing but go through English texts. It gives you pleasure and preparation both. I don’t know about others but my English preparation started a week before. 
It doesn’t matter how experienced you are with examinations you can always feel its fever at any level. It always happens during examinations you need a break after every chapter and sometimes after paragraphs. My hands magnetized towards my cellphone. Logging to social networking sites during each break and chat pops out saying “How much have you prepared? I haven’t started yet.” No matter how much you have done 
your reply is always same.

I think the best way to prepare during exams is to solve sample papers.  It gives you an idea of how much you know. You are able to find your strong and weak points. Someone has rightly said “The best practice is to match practice. “ This gave me an idea of why not solving sample papers exact at that time when the examination starts. And it really works. You train your mind as the situation demands.

As I said flow of time is never felt and I was in the examination hall. The 3 deciding hrs of your year’s hard work and few months sacrifices.  First day of examination and I can see all faces whispering a silent prayer. Since I had done with sample papers at same time before, it wasn’t a wrapped in a wonder for me. Examination hall is not a place to experiment with questions but prepared results at the tip of your pen.

The moment you come out of the examination hall you search for “your” company. If your exams were up to your expectation you will search for cheerful faces and your subject teacher else the one who is in your team.
Three days to go and battle with physics starts. It’s a subject which scares everyone. The most hated part is the derivation. Sometimes I felt that scientists never had intention to load all their experiments and papers on students, it’s the educationists who have done it. And most of us curse those genius scientists. Three days without distracting myself solved as many problems as I could. I was quite good with the theory part so needed a glance of it.

5th march 10:15 am physics paper in my hand. I opened the middle page and saw a question which was very familiar with me. It gave me a slight upliftment. The 15 mins are not just to read the questions. Its time when you have to structure your answersheet too and prepare some of the answers. Some questions will make you feel that you can do it easily but when its time it’s out of your head. You feel that the equation is in your head. You just need a recall but this doesn’t happen. 

Its time you have to return the answer sheets. A student just asking a minute or two and the invigilator replies “Two minutes has 120 seconds my dear” and snatches it. Out of the class all you can see is surprise faces.
As physics got derivations chemistry has got reactions. One has to remember the reactions by hook or by crook. Reactions are like atoms and molecules of the subject. You don’t mention them; they don’t mention your marks. Sometimes I felt that if I had done this part earlier. I think the 5 days gap I was totally mad. Studying for fun and studying for exams are like two faces of the coin.

11th March, Chemistry paper in my hand and I look around for a while. Nothing but cheerful faces. No doubt we are going to rock the papers. Everyone were done with the paper in just 2 hrs.

Mathematics and nine days in hand. More gaps more relaxed you feel. One of the coolest thing about math’s is no theory to remember. What you need to do is just practice.   

Computer and physical education to go. Just a day for computer and a fast revision was only possible. Some subjects you don’t have to work hard. One just need theme of the chapters. Physical education was a book never opened throughout the year. I think most of us were more concerned with the postures then with the texts. After all picture speak more than words!

We had done with all the papers a day before the colorful festival “Holi”.  I wish my batch for colorful results.       



     


  

12 comments:

  1. masterpiece! :-)
    well now its my turn 2 experience d same thing. "aab toh padhna hi padega"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thnx for ur masterpiece cmnt:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sometimes I felt that scientists never had intention to load all their experiments and papers on students, it’s the educationists who have done it" good one ....i feel the same

    ReplyDelete
  4. thnx thnx thnx somone der to feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one!!!hope too see more of ur experiments on witing on upcoming days!!!

    ReplyDelete